(for those who want to taste the flavours of our land)
- Caldana, 3-4 and 10-11 October – Festa d’autunno, a festival with local seasonal product (polenta, chestnuts, wine, mushrooms and boar). Info in Italian here.
- Cinigiano – 2-4 October – Festa dell’Uva, open cellars, historic parade, tastings and wine and food stands. Info in Italian here.
- Montorgiali (a hamlet of Scansano) – 2-3 and 9-10 October – Sagra del maiale, a festival dedicated to pork at the sports courts in loc. Bivio with food stands .
- Roccalbegna – 17 October – Sagra della biondina (the local name for chestnuts is biondine). Food stands with typical chestnut-based dishes. Entertainment and games for everyone.
- Scansano – 30 October – 1 November – Antica Contrada il Dentro organises Festa d’Autunno, with dishes made with chestnuts paired with Morellino di Scansano (of course!), music and workshops
(for those who love staying outdoors)
- Alberese – Parco della Maremma – 11th October, a run with the Trail Parco della Maremma TPM (23 km) and a walk (for non runners) of 16 km with the WALK’N THE PARK “WNTP”. On top of that, the “Le stagioni del parco” photographic contest continues, dedicated to the best pictures of the park in the current season. For more info click here.
(for rainy days… and sunny days too!)
- Sovana – from 1 October till 2 November, Etruschi in 3D, a multimedia show dedicated to this civilization whom we owe the beginning of viticulture in our territory. The exhibition is open everyday except on Thursdays, from 10 am to 1 pm and from 3 to 6 pm. Tickets are 2,00 euros.
- Grosseto – until 18th October 2015, Ritratti di Maremma, dall’archeologia alla fotografia, a photo exhibition with photographs from the Archivio Fratelli Gori, inside the Museo Archeologico e d’Arte della Maremma